Be prepared for freezing Winter temperatures and AVOID COSTLY DAMAGES!
1. Be sure to disconnect hoses from the outside faucet.
2. It is extremely cold outside, keep one or two faucets running slowly at all times. Water moving through the system should prevent the line from freezing.
3. If your kitchen sink is on an outside wall (it usually is), leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air into the space.
4. The pipes that freeze first are most often located near an outside wall or a window, so be sure to direct warm air to any colder areas of your home.
5. Watch for low or no water pressure which may mean your pipes are frozen.
6. Know where your main shut off is for your water service and watch for leaks when the temperatures go back above freezing.