Fall is finally here in Athens….and it’s time to think about preparations you should make in your home. While some of you are enjoying pumpkin-spiced everything, watching football on the weekends (Go Dawgs!), and heading to the pumpkin patch on the weekends… it may slip your mind that you need to prepare your home for the colder weather before it’s too late.
Check these tips off your to-do list this fall:
- Disconnect your garden hose(s). After you drain them, store them somewhere that doesn’t get too cold.
- If you have interior shutoff valves that lead to your outdoor faucet,close them and drain them before a freeze. We can also install a frost-proof outdoor faucet for you.
- Inspect your outdoor faucets for drips, leaks &/or any damage- This is especially important to fix before the temperatures drop and we get our first freeze. You could end up with a mess in your home if the leaks aren’t detected and repaired.
- Turn your water heater’s temperature to 120 degrees for optimal performance
- Inspect your sump pump. During the change in seasons, we’ll more than likely get a few more good rain storms.
- Learn where the main water valve is. It is so important to teach the whole family how to shut off the water main to the house…as well as know where the shut offs are on toilets and sinks before a disaster strikes!
- Protect empty houses- If you have an empty rental property or second home, consider letting a professional winterize that property and take that burden off you.
From Athens to Winder to Monroe to Jefferson, T&S Plumbing Services is always here to help you with your plumbing needs!
Give us a call today so we can help you get your home ready for these changing temperatures
T&S PLUMBING SERVICES (770)867-0087